Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
HUGE thanks are due to all the children who brought in shoeboxes for the 2015 Shoebox appeal.
These shoe boxes were lovingly wrapped and full of carefully chosen presents which are sure to delight the girls and boys who will be incredibly happy to receive them.
Ms McElheron is currently on leave but even without her we managed to collect a fabulous 107 shoeboxes for needy children. This could not have been done without Sue and Catherine who stepped in and organised this year’s efforts. They were simply amazing this year in coordinating the appeal in our school and worked tirelessly to make sure we kept up the usual high standard.
Sandra from Team Hope spoke to us at assembly and thanked us all for our shoeboxes. If you were not part of this year’s collection or are unsure of what the appeal is about log on to
and join us next year ! They’re now gone from the school and making their way to children around the world.
- October 2011 – Closed Monday 31st October – Friday 4th November
- November 2011- School opens Monday 7th
- December 2011 – Closed Friday 23rd – Friday January 6th
- January 2012 – School re-opens Monday 9th January
- February 2012 – Closed Thursday 16th and Friday 17th
- March 2012 – Closed Monday 19th (public holiday)
- April 2012 – Closed Monday 2nd – Friday 13th April School re-opens Monday 16th April.
- May 2012 – Monday 7th (bank holiday) & Tuesday 8th
- June 2012 – Friday 1st, Bank Holiday Monday 4th, Tuesday 5th
- July 2012 – School closed 1st July – 31st August
22nd December 12 noon
30th March 12 noon
29th June 12 noon
In 1974 it was decided that City Quay Boys School and Townsend St. Girls School should amalgamate. A new school was constructed in the site of the old Boys School, which was originally built in the late 19th century. This project was co-funded by the Department of Education and The Mercy Sisters. The school, as we know it today, opened its doors on September 1st 1977. Today the school continues to be a vibrant place where local and international pupils are welcomed and valued.